From:
Robert Ringwald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2014 12:45:56 -0700
I got my novice in February of 1957 and General class in August of same year. I used to operate CW all night and fall asleep in school during the day.
I still keep in contact with a girl who sat behind me in one class and used to take notes for me and poke me to keep me awake.
After 57 years and aprox 2 months, I made my first contact on 10 meter FM. It was on 29.6 with K5ATT in San Antonio. I am near Sacramento CA in Placerville.
A friend gave me a Kenwood 940 so it is the first time I had access to FM.
-Bob Ringwald K 6 Y B V