From:
Colleen Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colleen Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2014 20:44:15 -0400
Hello Tom,
It is certainly something the NFB is working on. There is a petition on change.org regarding
accessible appliances.
There are some Companies who provide talking labels free to those who need them.
You can get these labels and the Talking Device through some Pharmacies including some Mail Order
ones.
Walmart and Kroger other Pharmacies also have this equipment.
Some pharmacies provide large print or braille labels.
Envision America is a good place to start.
I know this is off topic but in view of the need for the equipment I thought I would post it here. I hope this
helps.
Some Appliance manufacturers do not see the need to make their appliances accessible because there are not many
blind people they think would need them.
We need to get others in the general population to support us in this endeavor.
Colleen,  n8TNV;