From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 20:33:38 -0700
Hi Zach, I think that by and large, you will be happy with the
general coverage you get when you buy an HF ham rig.  I usually
listen to shortwave stations on sideband mode because there isn't
as much phase distortion as you get when listening on AM.  Of
course, the audio isn't as full sounding but it depends on your
style of listening and what you want and or expect to hear.  Good
luck and 73, Jim WA6EKS