From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2013 03:38:33 -0500
I pay bills on line.  Read my mail with a scanner, and ask the manager of
the grocery store, "when would you like me to come so you can have a staff
member shop with me.  I bring a grocery list read it, and ask the shopper to
tell me what the specials in the flyer are.  Most things can be done much
more easilly with a sighted wife, but I don't ask her to do what I can do
with out her.  I am limited to what I can drag home in a fold up cart, so
that does shrink the grocery store trips.  Some sighted help is needed and
appreciated, but the power imballence in a blind sighted relationship is so
huge, that I try to ballence it as I can.  Part of this is probably my own
personal craziness.  GPS has really helped, because I can find myself if I
get lost, so I do a lot more exploring.