Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2013 10:45:02 -0400
I have been married to a sighted person as well as a blind person.  For
whatever its worth, my blind wife and I had some issues so we split up, but
have since re-married.

I think there is a bit of a "blind culture" a that many of us share.  It
doesn't mean that you will necessarily have a better marriage, but you learn
to deal with the challenges i.e. mainly transportation.  To some extent,
with both of us blind, we choose to live in an area with good public transit
which maximizes our independence.  Through the use of assistive technology,
we rarely have to use others to help with stuff.  We have two sighted sons
who at least right now, live nearby i.e. within fifteen miles.

Being pretty independent for my adult life, my sighted wife used to complain
that she could do some things faster than I could.  I think that ended up
being an issue, because I didn't want to become dependent even though, for
example, she could cut my hour ride to work using the bus to less than
twenty minutes.

Steve, K8SP