From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 21:55:54 -0400
sounds pretty good.  I have the alexloop sml7-30.  this is a similar sized mag loop built for arp or a little more.

You tune by hand for max noise, and it has never failed me yet.
Indiana to idaho on 17 meters sideband with ten watts.  This is with the loop on a camera tripod at about 4 feet in my living room.

I am going to get the alexloop walk ham soon.  This is the same except it uses coax for the loop material instead of rigid 3/8 inch copper tubing.  It also breaks down into a very portable package.

Mag loops are indeed a good option for a limited space antenna.

If I can get the parts ready, I'm going to build a 3 meter loop this summer for outside fixed operation.

Gary Lee