From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:52:29 -0400
the 706 and its brethren are not too bad to operate.  However, I recommend getting the qsyer.  This is a keypad which allows direct frequency entry, and will allow memory access and output various parameters in morse.
I believe John is still selling them to blind folks for around $50.00.  I've got to get mine repaired.
This will work with all flavors of the 706, and 703.  Also the yaesu 817, 857, and 897.

Gary Lee