From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2012 15:28:22 -0600
ah, good point about the sig gen and the receiver to tune the cans.

thanks for the explanation...I wasn't familiar with the IFR1200 so I didn't
know exactly what it does.

I've been instrumental in building up a fairly involved repeater system in
the last year or two so I've been learning allot about duplexers and
multi-cupplers and BP and BPBR cans and res locks and all the rest.
Controllers, linking radios, VHF and UHF repeaters and link radios
multi-cuppled into the same antenna arrays and so forth.
I'd like to be able to put my theoretical knowledge to practical use with
regard to tuning cans and tuning up commercial repeaters into the ham band
and all that kind of stuff.
Signal generators are becoming fairly cheap and easy to find if you don't
mind older analogue units.
I see them at flea markets quite often.
Right now we depend on two guys to tune all the duplexers and get the
repeaters and link radios into the ham band on VHF and UHF.
Having an extra resource, IE me to be able to do some of that would be
benificial for the group I think.

73
Colin, V A6BKX