From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:04:39 -0400
I don't remember the resistor values, but I will see if I can find them  basically what happens is if you ground the mic up or mic down pins they do the standard mic up and down functions, however if you  ground those lines through  two different resistors you get the 4 functions, 2 for each of the up and down lines.  the easiest way to find thd the values is to put a meter on a mic between ground and mic up or mic down and try the function buttons, I would do this except I do not have access to a multi function kenwood mic. btw any kenwood multi function mic with the function keys will work for the test  even one from an old tmv7a or a kenwood ts2000  the values are the same only the style of mic and connectors have changed to my best knowledge