From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2012 23:27:24 -0600
I believe, the CBC, canadian broadcasting corperation, which is a crown
corperation, IE, financed by the government and primarily influenced by who
ever holds power in Ottawa, is retaining their analogue transmitters in most
areas through 2013 if I'm not mistaken.
They will also have HD digital transmitters as well to make the cross over
easier for the more remote and isolated regions where technology doesn't
change as quickly.
Allot of the local stations have gone digital or digital HD or whatever
already...but most held on to their analogue stuff as long as they could..I
don't know the exact dates, but I think canadian tv stations are still
allowed to broadcast in analogue, but most have secondary digital
transmitters that are being run for testing purposes if you will...sometimes
low power transmitters etc.
I could be wrong on that...we have digital TV over internet here so no
reason for me to know about TV over the air beyond someone talking about it
in my hearing.

73
Colin, V A6BKX