BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2011 14:31:45 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 1:53 PM

MetHistory inquired:

> but why are they blue? when did that start?  just who is the boss of my tarps?
> there is blue all over this city, and every place after a tornado/hurricane.

and before that, queried:

> does blue do anything useful?

I do not know what blue does. I do know what blue does not do. We have had our share of blue tarp decorative trends (Fran, 1996; tornado, 2011)

When exposed under a blue blue sky, it does not resist ultraviolet light. It absorbs it. Like crazy. Like Rudy says, whose email arrived while I was composing.

Sooner than you think. Like before you can quit arguing with the insurance company about how much they are going to pay you to have the tarp removed and your roof put right.

Then it looks like the sails of a man-of-war in a Johnny Depp movie.

Keep a close eye on your fading blue.

dan blue is the color you are when you are sad becker

--

 “E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized City or Law Enforcement official.” -- **Please remember to trim posts, as requested in the Terms of Service** To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: <http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html>