BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2010 22:04:30 -0400
...between 1 and 2 am at 92 years of age (peacefully, as he had said many times he hoped he could go to sleep one night and simply not wake up), with cool temperatures and low humidity in a southern July on the heels of the hottest June in records dating to 1887; I strapped on my cycling shoes and clipped them into the pedals and experienced the second thing this day that I had not experienced before, and which I had been thinking about but never followed through on since arriving in Raleigh in 1986: I spun my feet endlessly in tight circles of life and propelled myself to the Southern Part of Heaven at Chapel Hill. It was the longest single day ride of my life, both literally and figuratively, and it was good in every way. He was not a spiritual man, so as has been my custom for 40 years of road cycling...

...I rode alone at peace with the world.

Dan
--

“E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized City or Law Enforcement official.” -- **Please remember to trim posts, as requested in the Terms of Service** To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: <http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html>