From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:26:50 -0600
Now I'm really confused.
Didn't nasa and some other world renouned scientific organization just
release a study not long ago that said we were supposed to get some sort of
major solar activity in 2012? the biggest since the 1800's?
And I've read no fewer than 5 different articles on how this current cycle,
24, is supposed to have the most solar activity in several cycles or some
such.
Now another study, 3 actually, come out saying the opposite.
This leads me to believe that scientists don't actually know what will
happen at all.  But, bassed on limited prior experience, are trying to make
predictions.
All I know is that dx has gotten somewhat better over the past year and a
half.
So something is ramping up...
But apparently good DX, or at least, better dx, is no indicator of what the
sun is doing, or will do...they have to look at jet streams and earth
surface temperature averages and that kind of thing to determine what the
suns doing hi hi.
I'm no expert obviously, but I can see that there are certainly conflicting
views with regard to what may or may not occur.
All of them with very logical, rational and reasonable facts and numbers to
support their findings or hypothesis.

73
Colin, V A6BKX