From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2011 21:12:38 -0400
    Lloyd and all:

As many of you know, I checked into the 20-meter Cross-Country blind ops net
from the RV today.

The two loudest stations for me were Junior and Paul (K0DDA) from Iowa.

The fact that Paul (K0DDA) from Iowa was so loud for me on 20 meters shows
you how strange the band truly was.

I could hear parts of Lloyd's transmissions, and most of Kevin's, but Kevin
obviously couldn't hear me.

Someone on the net made a comment about how great our friend Junior is doing
with relays, and that blockbuster antenna of his, and I couldn't agree more.

I think that when Junior gets an amplifier someday, we're all going to have
to just stand back and let him take over!!!!  (grin)

Regarding the fact that new people are now increasingly checking in to both
of our nets, I think this is a very significant development, and shows the
value of what we are trying to do here.  This is why I'd really like to see
our nets continue consistently in at least some form throughout the entire
year.  The challenge will be to get the word about any time and day changes
to all those who are interested in participating.

Thanks to everyone for a great job this week-end!

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI