From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2010 08:12:38 -0400
It may be worth a try then. I only mentioned that because I've known a lot
of people who think a #10 peace of wire is enough and it really isn't, if
you're running it as a counter poise with a artificial ground or something,
that's enough but for a real ground, it's not and for a vertical with no
radials, you really really need a good ground. I could never run a vertical
that way here, I'm in a second floor apartment, all I could do is the
counter poise setup I had at my last QTH, but I've been running it with no
station ground at all and it's been working fine so I'm not going to mess
with it. I don't care for the G5RV, after running the cobra Ultralite for a
while but I don't have a choice here, cobra won't fit on the property.