From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:48:24 -0400
The Cobra Ultralite Sr. will go to 160. I ran my heathkit SB200 in to that
antenna with a good 600 or more watts and it worked fine. It's rated for
1000 watts, but I do know people who run 1500 in to it with no problem so
your 700 should be no problem for it at all. The antenna has ladder line,
you can cut it somewhat or whatever you need to do. I ran RG8X on my g5RV I
had before that antenna with the amp as and it handled the power. You may
want to run something better but I don't think it's a big deal at 700 watts
honestly, it's not like the coax ever got warm, and I never had any RFI
issue. I did change it to RG-213 eventually but I didn't notice any real
difference on the bands I ran it on in performance and it didn't hurt
anything. I wouldn't run legal limit in RG8X but 600-700 watts, I don't see
a problem but if you're starting over, you might want to spring for the
RG213.