From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:23:36 -0600
    Howard:

Now that I use a Tentech 238A manual tuner all the time, I agree with you
totally.

I think the auto tuner in the TS480 is good for basic functional purposes,
but I think my Tentech manual tuner wins hands down, both in terms of
receive noise, and in terms of matching what I have available for antennas.

I don't have an explanation for the difference you suggest, but I really do
agree with you that the difference is there.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ