From:
Kevin Minor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:55:35 -0400
Hi.

I've had my Kenwood TMV-71A since mid April, and I'm finding it to be a
great radio.  The speech output it give is fantastic.  I have the radio on
Echo Link, and I've done cross band repeat with it.  For the most part I'm
very satisfied with the radio.

Now for my problem.  How does the weather alert feature work?  I've turned
the feature on in the menu, and I have the local weather channel set in the
WX band.  From what I understand, when the National Weather Service sends
out a weather alert, the radio picks up the tone, and then something
happens.  Here's where I get lost.  What's supposed to happen?  Does the
radio sound a tone and activate the WX band, or does something else happen.

I should mention that I have the radio set for Echo Link so that others can
access it.  Does Echo Link need to be turned off for this feature to work?
The manual isn't real clear on this.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin Minor