From:
"Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 22:31:05 +0000
Tom,
There are a few options -
You may be able to hardwire your router closer to your workshop, depending on your provider cabling.  You could hardwire a second router closer to your workshop, give it a different id and password than the primary router and you can selectively connect to it.  Even another 15 feet or so might be enough to boost the signal.   Cisco-Linksys might have an auxiliary/larger antenna available that would fit your existing router.  I've seen them for other brands.   There are also external wireless cards available.  See: http://compnetworking.about.com/od/hardwarenetworkgear/ss/wirelessadapter_3.htm  You could add maybe 10 feet of usb cable from your workshop to one of these, or maybe the antenna by itself would be more powerful than your existing Netgear wireless card.
Paul Hachmeyer