From:
"Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 21:16:37 +0000
Joyce,
Just to add something to Robert's info, I do have one of the external modems that he is referring to.  Mine (at least) requires a serial port on the computer for the connection, which is 9 pins sticking out of the computer.   Whether other versions connect with other cables, I don't know.  The two modems you have are probably internal cards and will connect to your phone line with a standard phone cord.  But if you decide to go external, make sure you have the proper connection available on your new pc.
Paul Hachmeyer