From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:45:03 -0500
Hi Fred,

I don't have either one, but for what it's worth:   The 1000 PRO is an
updated version and so I'm not surprised that  the  older one is being
phased out.  The original one had 200 frequency memories while the PRO has
2000 on each of 2 antenna ports.   The original may have had only 1 antenna
port, but I can't  be 100% sure about that.

I remember hearing about some problems with the first model, where the tuner
would go into an unexpected  tune mode when running high power.  I don't
know if it was a firmware flaw, or perhaps  RFI getting into the system, but
supposed to be solved in the PRO model.

BTW, last spring I picked up an MFJ-998 high power auto tuner, and it's
suits my needs.

73, Steve KW3A