From:
Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 21:02:15 -0600
Hello to all

The other day, I posted a question about using a POST card.  I found a =
friend that allowed me to borrow his and this is what I found.

The award bios gave a 14 code at startup.  The machine simply goes into =
a continual short beep mode.  I looked up the code 14 for award bios and =
it is a Refresh Test code.

Can I assume given this information, that it is likely that the Ram on =
this machine is bad?  Obviously the easiest way to determine this is to =
replace the Ram, however I don't have some readily available and am =
looking for some probable answers before buying either a new =
motherboard, or some new Ram.

Mike Buraczewski