From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:36:37 -0400
You don't need to solder to make a 2 meter dipole or any other for that
matter, in fact, the cobra ultralite, which is an HF dipole, mine anyway, is
not soldered anywhere. Mirage amps are made by MFJ now, that might explain
that problem though I'd suspect your SWR. You should check that. With a
decent antenna, 2 meter SSB, 25 watts will be all you need. I have no clue
on what 2 meter amps are good, I used to have a mirage I ran on an HT, but
that was big $$$ and based on what I do with that and do on the TS-2000, it
was a complete waste of money, I never run much power on 2 meters now though
that's not my band of choice anyway.