From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 02:39:54 -0600
yeh, it seems to reject intermod really well.
I've had two of them.  One with a regular full sized battery, and the
current one with an 8 double A battery holder.
A guy sold it to me very cheap because he said the radio was toast, didn't
work and so on.  I got it for I suspected I knew what the issue was.  I took
out the old, corroded, over charged and over used rechargeable batteries,
popped in some cheap wallmart 24 to a pack batteries and the thing worked
like a charm.
I think in a year, i've replaced the batteries twice...the ht doesn't get
much use, but those batteries will last months with just average daily
receive use and occasional transmitting.
I thinkit puts out 6 or 7 watts too.  Its advertized as one of the most
powerful HT's if i'm not mistaken.
It has that hallmark icom ht crispness to the tx audio, and commercial level
volume output with great very intelligible receive.
I think the guy was a little put out when I told him that I just replaced
the batteries and the thing worked perfectly.
73
Colin, V A6BKX