From:
Shaun Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:23:24 +1100
here's one I've considered buying for 2 meters.
this is as advertised on the andrews communications web site.
http://www.andrewscom.com.au
click the link for amateur radio then look under amdrews amateur radio.
not bad for $99 australian.
Quansheng's newest and tiny 2m band 5W handheld transceiver!

TG-K4AT

New low price
$99.00 !

Factory-direct importer with factory-backed one year warranty!

Features include:

list of 10 items
• High quality 2m band (144-148MHz) tiny handheld transceiver with 5W RF
output power!
• 99 memory channels
• CTCSS rx/tx included
• Voice annunciation and low voltage (5.5V) alarm!!
• Memory scanning and searching plus keypad lock
• Programmable repeater offset
• Monitor and LCD backlighting functions
• VFO or computer programmable
• Includes Li-ion 7.4V @ 1500mA/h battery and an AC charger
• Outstanding 0.16uV sensitivity
list end

there might be other places that sell a similar rig.

Shaun
web sites:
http://www.myspace.com/blindmanshaunoliver
http://blindman.homelinux.org/~blindman/
skype: brailledude

On 20/03/2008 3:06 PM, the old scribe known as Andy Baracco was able to
impart this pearl of wisdom: