From:
Rick Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:58:11 PST
Here's a doozy.  I have a font problem with
95 osr2.1.  I hav a zillion fonts available to me on my system.  after
modifying my display to suit my eyes I go about my business,  thngs are
fine for a good duration (2-3 weeks)  I install a copy of Canon creative
and tell it I dont have a canon printer.  The next time I reboot or
switch users I lose only the font portion of the display settings (color
etc stay the way I set them).  Here's what I've tried:  Uninstall all
items from Canon creative, repairing font folder, and system files with
TweakUI, edit sys.ini and win.ini where fixed, font and oem were set to
8514xxx.fon to vgaxxx.fon, turned fontcache on and back off, obviously
resetting the display properties, (when it allows me to, sometimes there
is only three options, fixedsys, courier and one other), reinstalling
Canon creative and uninstalling again, scan disk.  Each time the
settings I change are good for the nexrt reboot sometime two but never
three??  the only other thing I can think of is I ran a defrag and spilt
it in to two parts about 18 hours apart.  Any ideas out there??  They
would be appreciated, I want to be rid of the distraction and get back
to work!!  Oh yeah, it consistantly happens on every third boot up!!
Rick

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]