ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:00:34 -0700
That is pretty cool, Ces.  It reminds me of a picture I have sitting in my
office.  Sandy and I, individually, were allowed, a few summers ago, to
touch the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.  My son took digital pictures of
each of individually as a guard allowed us to touch the bell but also showed
us the designs on the bell's surface and the wide crack that occurred upon
its ringing.  It was frankly almost a spiritual feeling and I cherish that
experience, and that picture, very much.  That flag would be wonderful to
see, too.  And to think some burn it out of freedom of speech.

Phil.