Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 07:49:03 EST

In a message dated 11/21/2007 12:27:53 PM Atlantic Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I have  an IBM G96 Monitor and I am using Windows 98SE. The monitor was
working  perfectly until this morning when I noticed that wherever there was text
on  the screens, there were gray lines behind the text extending across the
entire  screen. Black text (including the text on taskbars), and even text I
type, is  washed out and smeary. The white background is washed out and grayish. I
tried  adjusting color and contrast on the monitor to no effect. Does the
monitor  have a terminal problem such that I should just get another one? Are
there  adjustments to settings I can make that I haven't thought of? It's been a
great monitor - good color, sharp text - now it justs looks like clothes
washer gray. The colors appear to be OK, except they too appear a bit washed
out. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

Dan  Crawford

Dan,
     Just to get the easy stuff out of the way first,  check your monitor
cable connections ( I recently had a similar problem that I  tried everything I
could think of before realizing my cable was loose). If  that's not the
problem, check your video card (if you have one) to make sure  it's properly seated
and the connections are clean.
     I hope it's this simple (Good Luck)!
 -Phil Williams-

products.