From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:43:45 -0500
Thanks Keith.  I have the rig now and am getting used to it.  Lots more
knobs than the 440 but it's working well.  I'm using the 25 khz calibrator
and It's amazing how spoiled you can get by direct frequency input and
audible frequency readout.  But the receiver sounds great.  Transmit audio
reports have been good too.  What I'd like to do with this rig is get a d104
with one of thos op amp modifications so the mic is properly matched.  The
D104 likes to look into at least a megohm and when it does it sounds quite
good, not the scratchy sound most folks identify with it.  Lou