C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:59:54 -0600
First Halloween after I went to using a chair fulltime, I designed a "tank"
costume for my chair.  Used a small refrigerator box, a cake box, and a
wrapping paper tube for the body and turret, and had my sister (the radical
from Berzerkly) do the artwork.  Worked well inside, but wouldn't want to
take it outside in the Wyoming wind!

Johnson & Johnson has had some success in getting the Ibot funded by private
insurance, but very little (if any) with Medicare and Medicaid.  About a
year and a half ago, CMS talked about looking at totality of circumstances
around need for power mobility, but then McClellan left CMS for the FDA, and
it, if you'll pardon the pun, it "tanked."

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950