C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:30:08 -0600
Mag,

Depends on if it's for organizational use or for personal use.  There
are grant agencies that will provide funding to organizations,
depending on what the van will be used for.  There are only a few
that will give grants to individuals, and the restrictions are pretty
stringent.

When I was working for the IL Center, there was a family that needed a
van, and another person who had one had just passed away, so we worked
it out so the family of the guy who died donated it to the ILC, to get
the tax write-off, and then it was written into the other persons IL
plan.  You might want to check with your ILC about that, and possible
local grants.

Otherwise, give me more details, and I'll see what I can find.

Since you just bought a house, you'll be itemizing deductions on your
taxes, so there are deductions that can be had for that type of thing,
too.  Check with a tax professional.