From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2007 23:01:59 -0400
Howard, I think you have a find.

The Corsair was a very good CW rig.  If you can still get the filters, I'd
go for it.  You won't find nicer sound QSK anywhere.  It makes the QSK in
the TS2000S sound like crap.  CW was really Ten Tec's long suit--they did
it very very well.

The Corsair was a much higher end radio than the Delta.  The Delta was
really more of an economy rig--not quite as much as the Argosy, but really
one step up from the Argosy.

I know lots of people that used the Shure 444 with the Triton IV also, but
I always thought that the D104 had a little more punch.  I suppose it
depends on what criteria you are judging microphones by.  The Shure
probably has better fidelity, but I find the D104 to be very sharp sound
and it gets through when conditions are poor.  It's probably not the best
microphone if you are sitting around with a bunch of friends ragchewing.

I actually have all of the things you would need to make that adaptor left
over from when I used to run Ten Tec equipment, albeit, not assembled, but
at least I have the parts.  I imagine you can find the 4 pin mic jack ok,
but let me know if you have trouble as I'm not doing anything with it and
would be happy to pass it along.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 10:36 AM 7/9/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Well what do you know, my friend has a few to many radios I think.  I bought
>a delta, but when I called Tentech this morning, we discovered he sold me a
>corsair.  The crystal filters are still available for it..  Do I want to pay
>$109?  We'll see.  They suggested getting a talking frequency counter and
>using that to read frequency.  it plugs in the back where the PTO jumper is.
>Who makes one and how much are they?
>Now I need a 4 pin mike plug so I can make a converter cord for the Shur
>444.  They recommend that over the d-104.
>By the way, 10 and 6 are open.
>

>--
>5:22 PM

Louis Kim Kline