Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:27:38 +0100
the call for action went out. Internet Radio broadcasters large and small
called out to americans all across the nation. These americans reacted by
calling out to congress for action. Jamming up switchboards, filling email
inboxes and generally making a statement that americans want their internet
radio. The reaction from some some congressional members was to heed the
call and take action while others did nothing. Bills were introduced in the
congress and senate. An appeal to stay the new outrageous rates was filed to
hold off the bankrupcy of webcasters, yet congress has not acted. In a
hearing held last week the best they could do was say work it out. It's
pretty obvious with less than 5 days to go that isn't happening. Is congress
controlled by the corporate entities like Soundexchange, or do they actually
listen to americans. How many calls does it take to grasp the concept that
americans want their internet radio so do something?

Now internet stations are faced with bankrupcy and going silent. The
alternative is to continue broadcasting and ignore the new rates, which
could lead to legal ramifications. Americans all over the USA have spoken
out, both listeners and artists, against the new outrageous rates. It would
seem their outcry was heard by deaf ears. Having a hearing apparently was
the answer, then saying work it out between you. That concept didn't work.
Now what? With only a few days left till the enevitable it seems we have all
been taken to the cleaners by the RIAA, Soundexchange and our own congress.
This is simply unacceptable. Americans have spoken and our congress is
supposed to represent us, not the corporate entitys with lobbying power and
deep contribution pockets. We the people becomes a mute point in this
situation. Fair rates are all that have been asked for. That is not a tall
order. Forget where the campaign funds come from for a few minutes and
remember where the votes come from, american citizens. Use your best
judgement and take action with their interests in mind.

From webcastersunite.net

mike

amature call M0DMD