From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 02:17:41 -0400
Hi.

The Icom 735 came out after the 751A and used the AT150 auto tuner from
Icom.  I found that with the antennas that I have, the AT200 Pro was only
slightly better than the AT180, but since I already had the AT180 when LDG
introduced the AT200 Pro, and since I never had the interface for the Icom
(I used it for a short time on the TS2000S), I still have the AT180.  It
does seem like Icom's prices on their auto tuners is rather excessive
though, but then, one could say that about most accessories from Icom.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 09:36 PM 7/3/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>I actually think the LDG is better than the 180, as do many, which is why I
>never bought the at180. I know the 735 has that hookup in the back, not sure
>what year that is, but the 761 icom, I don't recall seeing it on that radio
>in the local EOC though it might have just been missed.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]