EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 10:50:06 -0400
Hello EASI friends and colleagues,

I am testing an HTML form with JAWS. The form appears to be coded correctly,
and a year ago, I could navigate to and control everything without problem
by simply tabbing, entering forms mode when prompted, typing text (for edit
fields), pressing the spacebar (for checkboxes and buttons), and pressing
arrow keys (for radio buttons). It was easy.

Today I am noticing that JAWS is not reliably reading labels associated with
edit fields. Instead, JAWS is frequently reading the label associated with
the previous field instead of the current one. I can complete the form using
Insert + F5, but that's a lot more work than just tabbing between form
elements.

I am testing with JAWS 7.1. I know that this is not the most recent version,
but if memory serves me correctly, the forms worked well with JAWS 6, and
maybe even version 5. Was JAWS 7.1 flakey with fields? Am I overlooking
something?

Alan