From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:03:16 -0400
Hi.

I don't know--I never tried it or even knew they had a noise reduction
plugin.  I use either Groove Mechanic or Nero Wave Editor when I need to do
noise reduction.  Each reduction algorithm has advantages and
disadvantages.  Nero seems to be a little better on really crackley
records, but ironically Groove Mechanic seems to do a nice job with most
cassettes.  Sometimes the noise reduction from Groove Mechanic can be a
little too aggressive, even on the setting to take out less noise.  Nero
gives me a little more control over how much noise to take out, but it has
the disadvantage that it tends to trim off the really low lows and the
really high highs, so the music loses some brilliance.

What AudioGrabber does in this department, I don't know.  Since I primarily
use it to grab tracks off of CDs, it theoretically shouldn't need noise
reduction.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 01:53 PM 3/18/2007 -0800, you wrote:
>speaking of audio grabber
>how good is the noise reduction plugin that you can get for it?
>thanks

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]