ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 12:45:56 -0400
Kim,
         Just because you are rusty doesn't mean that you
can't.  Most of the people on this list are blind and
independent.  Sure, you'll make mistakes and mess up.  We all do, but
I don't know if it is right necessarily to blame your aunt for not
letting you be independent.  If you choose to move out and live on
your own, and are willing to put up with some trial and error
learning, you can have as much life as you want.  It's really up to
you, especially if you don't have any other disabilities.
         If you have questions about how to do things, just
ask.  Probably some of us can offer suggestions that can help.  If
you go back to the independent living center they might even be able
to set you up in a supervised independent living situation until you
have the confidence to be on your own.  Your frustration may just be
a sign that it is time to take a step toward being the master of your
own situation.
Good luck with this and God bless!
Kathy