From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 06:50:16 -0800
Dennis,

The Asus web site indicates that your processor is supported. They specifically show this processor model..

Core 2 Extreme QX6800 (2.93GHz,1066FSB,L2:2X4MB,rev.G0,4 cores)

As long as you have BIOS 2205 minimum.

So you could have a defective processor, bad BIOS settings (set defaults with your old processor installed), a defective motherboard, or the processor is improperly installed.

Russ Poffenberger
Credence Systems Corp

This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify this company immediately by reply to this transmission and delete it from your computer. Thank You. Credence Systems Corporation.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>