From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:27:25 -0800
This could be a heat problem. Check the conditions inside the case as
well as the case filter, if there is one on your case. If the dust is
overly excessive, you may want to take it outside and blow it out with a
canned air product. You should keep the fans from rotating, Q tips work
well for this.

I hope this helps.

Tom Mayer

Ron Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a desktop(AMD AthlonXP2000MHz, 768Mb RAM, with 2 CD drives) which froze while I was preparing some files for burning to CD; I ran the disc cleaner and did a defrag ( not much on it) and it then started up OK and ran - but after being switched off, it would not start, beyond a light flickering on at the start button, and the CD drive lights coming briefly on; then it falls back to off status. No power gets to the USB hub light.
>
> Is this a Motherboard failure? Or some other glitch?
>
> With thanks for any help,
> Ron

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml