From:
Irena Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:49:55 -0500
Hi All,

The "tablet PC" with Win XP is connected via USB port to HP LaserJet 4050
printer. It stopped printing charts or graphics from any application
(Word, IE), but plain text continued printing fast and without a problem.

Downloaded PCL6 printer driver off HP site. It cured the problem for about
two days only and then again the printer stopped printing graphics.
The latest report: it stopped printing even plain text.

Why driver update worked all right for such a short time? Printer on its
own passes all the tests. Would it be USB port (there are only two on the
tablet, the second never worked with the printer)? Should we get a hub?
Would that be a virus? (the tablet runs Norton). Apparently, it's been
more than a month when the problem started, so I guess system restore
would not do any good. We'll be grateful for any ideas!

Irena.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com