From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:48:20 -0800
-- [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I'd be surprised if you spent much time in ketosis.
> As others mentioned, if you're getting more than 1.5
> grams of protein per kilogram of ideal weight, then
> the excess protein is simply being converted to
> glucose.  And avocados are relatively high in carbs.

I think I'm OK with avocados, because I've tested them
and also eliminated them at one point. My postprandial
readings are almost identical after a plain piece of
meat, or a piece of meat with a 1/4 of an avocado.

I'm almost positive I'm bleow 120 grams of protein,
but I'll check it out.  As far as carbs go, I'm
usually in the 20-30 gram range max. What convinces me
that I'm in ketosis its that I'm burning up way more
than 20-30 grams of carbs exercising.

Jim, if I remember correctly, you were one of the
persons who spoke up in the earlier discussion.
Weren't your reading in the high 90's at one point as
well?

Thanks
Mark

--- [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I'd be surprised if you spent much time in ketosis.
> As others mentioned, if you're getting more than 1.5
> grams of protein per kilogram of ideal weight, then
> the excess protein is simply being converted to
> glucose.  And avocados are relatively high in carbs.
>

> Try to capture a typical week's diet and figure out
> the values in www.nutritiondata.com.  If you're
> getting more than 20 grams a day of carbohydrate or
> more than about 120 grams of protein a day, then
> you're probably not in ketosis.
>
> Jim

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com