From:
Tracy Son <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 15:31:55 -0500
Hello.
There is a list of active nodes of irlp stations some where on the irlp
page.
I cant remember exactly where this is but you can go to irlp.net and make
sure you are at the top of the page.
Then tab down through the linkes to where it says sumthing like, current
loggins and hit enter on that link.
The page takes a while to load but once it loads you could do a search
command in what ever screen reader you are using and type in the state
abreaveation for your state and you should find a particular node that lis
the node number and then the city and state where it is located.
Once you find a node close to you, you can access the node with the touch
tone pad and then you will get a message saying you are connected or if
there is a problem the message will tell you this as well.
Basically irlp works just like echolink but only repeaters and links can
have nodes where as echolink lets you have your callsign on there system and
you can talk to hams using computers or links or repeaters.
It can be an be fun just seeing who all you can connect to.
kk4ql Tracy.