Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:31:31 -0400
Hello:

I have installed a second OS on a new hard drive = XP. I still have 2000 pro on the old drive. It has a ASUS A7V8X motherboard. It came with Award Bios ver 1008. The newest Beta ver 1014 is unstable on it. I am now on version 1011. It is stable for a day at least. My problem is during bootup I try F8 to show my different drives. It does not show options like the newer units. In CMOS it only shows floppy , CDROM and choose your hard drive. It does not allow a change in floppy or CDROM. You only get one choice in hard drive. The other bootup options on show INT19 and EXT in believe. I want these drive separate, not dual boot. I was hoping the Bios Upgrade would like me have new options, it does not. I think it would let me change it in CMOS setup, but I have not tried it yet. I was really hoping for a F8 type key to show my choices. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Richard F. Bolha

EarthLink Revolves Around You.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: