Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:26:21 -0400
Hi Russ & Others

Have you tried different version of motherboard drivers. I have seen this
with VIA chips on the motherboard. I would start with the newest version of
VIA 4 in 1 driver until I found a winner. If that does not work I ran into
a motherboard with VIA chip also that needed the ACPI turned off. To do
this, I needed to turn it off in the OS and then off in CMOS bootup. It
maybe worth a try.

Good Luck
Richard F. Bolha

I'v
> > e been doing is disconnecting and reconnecting all the ribbons and
power
> > supply connectors that I had to take out when I put in the new card
becau
> > se they were in the way.
> >
> > Occasionally,  (very occasionally sometimes w/o doing anything but
restar
> > ting)the computer will either boot up in BIOS or it will give me a
messag
> > e apoligizing, saying the computer detected that it was improperly
shutdo
> > wn, or that there were hardware changes.  On the later it will begin to
> > ountdown from 30, giving me the option to start up in safe mode, or the
"
> > last configuration that knowingly worked".
> >
> > At one point I had selected "Last configuration that knowingly worked"
an
> > d the computer started up and worked just fine.  This was with my
initial
> >  TNT2 Pro card.  Now, understand, when this worked, it had been my
first
> > time unplugging the ribbon that goes into the harddrive, and I thought
gr
> > eat, the NX6600 probably works fine.  However, before I shut down, I
unin
> > stalled the drivers for the TNT2 Pro thinking that they may have been
cau
> > sing a hang-up.
> >
> > Put the NX6600 back in, back to freezing on "HP Invent" screen.  Tried
un
> > plugging the ribbon, no luck.  The closest I could get was a black
screen
> >  with a blinking input.   .... Cursed myself up and down here for being
> >  moron for not just keeping the original AGP card in....and then went
bac
> > k to installing it back in.   As of now I've got the original card back
> > n, but have not yet been able to get the "last configuration that
knowing
> > ly worked" screen to come up, without freezing (happened once).
> >
> > Its very frustrating, not sure whats wrong but the best I can conclude
is
> >  that its a 5 year old computer and is having some kind of trouble
during
> >  boot with this hardware change.
> >
> > Only thing I wondered is that in the BIOS theres an option to reset
confi
> > guration.  I'm not planning to select "Yes" because I got it to work
befo
> > re w/o doing so, but was curious to know when you would use that.
> >
> >          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
> >                      visit our download web page at:
> >                   http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml
> >

>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>