From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:50:17 -0400
Hi all, hopefully this is my last update on my echolink simplex link. What
started out as me being bored 1 night has got in to way more of a project
than I wanted but now, I just upgraded the antenna and radio, there is an
88.5 tone on it now, and I think I've found  home on 147.510. I put it there
shortly after being informed that the other frequency wouldn't work out and
have monitored with the big antenna and have heard 2 people on there in the
4 weeks I've listened and their signals were so low, with the antenna setup
I have, there's no way the link will ever hear them or they'll ever hear it.
The band was open that night anyway and I think I made out 2's in the calls.
I do plan to connect to various hubs and stuff from time to time, if anyone
has requests or suggestions let me know. If anyone has complaints, let me
know but think about it first because if it starts to be more work, I'll
pull it down for good. Everything's brand new and working great so the
intention is, that I don't have to touch the equipment until I move out of
here in hopefully a very long time. Coverage won't be super, but the
surrounding towns it should though 1 direction seems to be completely gone
due to the position of the antenna. Anyway, have fun with it, feel free to
connect or talk on it as you wish. I'm not crazy about echolink but when I
get in to a project, weather I'm bored or what, I do it right so I hope to
have some fun with this and not have to do anymore work with it. thanks to
those that have helped so far. Spread the word, I know some people love
echolink so it's there for them mostly.
John Miller N1UMJ
AIM and yahoo messenger: N1UMJ
home page: