From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:25:19 -0400
Hi Collin and Anthony,

I used an MC60A and if you put the impedance switch on the mic to high, it
gave me plenty of audio to run my TS2000 VOX.  The MC60A has RF problems and
I always had to ground the Mic stand to the case of the rig.  I did this by
running a solid wire through the center of the coiled mic cord.

I still have my MC60A, but I didn't like the way my audio sounded, too many
highs and not enough lows.  I am now using an MFJ297 mic which is a full
range electret mic.  Now I get the complaint that I have too much base and
not enough highs, but I guess you can't win them all.  At least with this
mic, I can control the memory/vfo, switch vfos and get the synthesizer to
speak the freq, all  from the mic base.  I now operate my ts2000 using the
High transmit audio filter.  Its been my experience that studio mics have
too much base in ham applications, so you have to run them through some type
of equalizer.
73
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype Name: bobtinn