Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 03:14:12 +0100
I have no problem what so ever with people who either can't, or do not wish
to help with some of my enquiries, but what I really do have a very big
objection to, is when certain people give me a lode of grief, and can't just
let it rest. its a very simple philosophy, that I use, and which 99.9% of
the time seems to work well, if someone isn't giving you any actual grief,
don't go out of your way to give them any, leave them alone, and they will
probably leave you alone, not that hard really.
I would remind you, that the info set-out in BR68 under clause 7 and
relating to callsigns only applies to on air operation, and there is nothing
in there that says I have to give it to just anyone who asks for it when not
actually on radio. just because you may want to show it off at every
opportunity possible, doesn't mean that everyone has to, and people are well
with in there rights to not give it out off air, if I was not giving it out
on air when talking to you for example, that would be a completely different
matter, and then yes I would expect some grief for not doing that.

Simon