From:
Georgina Joyce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:16:39 +0100
Hi Simon

I mearly suggested that you could learn how to build your antenna yourself by taking up a course for a licence.  I learnt a lot from my intermediate which is very much practical based.

However, as I took from wikipedia, the frequency to which you wish to transmit is ilegal here in the UK.  You should respect us and not ask us to break the law upon your behalf.

You seem to not be able to understand our standpoint.  Our callsign is precious to us and is a part of our identity.  We've worked hard to get it and we're proud to display it.  We simply cannot understand someone who chooses to keep it a secret.  Such a stance causes suspission and if you have a licence, I urge you where in the BR68, does it state that your callsign is to be kept a secret?  Also if you looked at the BR68, you'll see that we are putting our licence at risk by assisting a non licenced station to transmit.  In fact, we have a duty to alert the authorities on this issue.  I urge you to read a copy of the appropriate BR68 for your licence BR68/F BR68/I and BR68/M and reconsider your stance when making requests upon the amateur community.

---end quoted text---

--
2E0AXU

I've done it!