ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:18:20 -0500
Rhonda2,

Looked around a bit in a couple dictionaries, Nelson's and the
International Encyclopedia, one didn't say anything much about him, the
other noted that it is generally assumed as David here said, that he had
passed on before Jesus' ministry. I know it was horror for Mary to watch,
but she I believe had some knowledge of what being "savior" meant at that
point, while I'm not sure Joseph would have if he'd lived. Perhaps so
however because he was very much in tune with God's voice as he led his
family out of harm's way when Herod was hunting them down, so perhaps he
would. Nonetheless it would be horrifying and had he  lived to that point,
and didn't fully understand what it all meant, I believe he would have
tried to spare his son and likely  been arrested or been killed himself.
Just me speculating but as responsible as he was, and took on a child
which wasn't his, risking being outcast from society then, I think he had
already made his decision to let his family be more important than his own
well being. Good question though. Makes one think.

Brad

on 04:27 AM 4/18/2006, Rhonda Peveto said:

Hay guys,
well it's early/late which ever you prefer, but mark and I were talking
about something and we thought it would be nice to discuss with all of you
on the list.
we do get references to Mary and her feeling's as our Lord was placed on
the cross and all that he endured there.
What do you guys think about Joseph and his feelings and what he might be
thinking during Christ's crusifiction?
Rhonda2