ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
CJ Daniel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:47:09 -0700
Rhonda2,

I agree with the majority of opinion that holds that Joseph had already
passed sometime between Jesus' twelfth year & the beginning of his ministry,
which commenced shortly after his baptism.  Actually, I seem to remember
having heard it being proposed in a teaching some years ago.  But, something
that occurred to me in reading the replies to your original message is this,
Why did Jesus need to appoint a provider for his mother?  I.E. it is very
clear from scripture that Mary had other children.  James leaps to mind
immediately.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

C J